So last night I had the brilliant idea of taking the family to the good 'ol Hollywood Connection in West Valley. (I don't think my memory serves me very well...) We were all hungry and thought we would check out the diner they have there. After sitting there waiting to be served by the 15 year olds who run the joint, and staring at a dirty crushed tomato on the floor next to me, we decided that Training Table might be a better choice for dinner. It was. We headed back to the Connection, and started with some mini golf. Everything was going fine until the second to last hole, where the fire alarm started going off and an electronic voice repeated "Emergency, Emergency, Evacuate, Evacuate." Dan and I hurried the children not to the exit, but to the last hole to try and get the free prize for getting a hole in one. Shortly after missing every ball we hit, the alarm went off and things were back to normal, except for the West Valley police man who came plummeting past us full speed with a bunch of hoodlums on his tail to see the action. "Nice" we thought "great family atmosphere." But we trucked on to the carousel. On the way, we over heard another policeman talking to another group of teenaged playa hata's telling them that if they were just gonna "sit" they were outta here, cuz "sitting" is what leads to trouble. Oi. We got through the carousel alive without any drive-bys, and all we had left was the arcade that we had promised Isaac. We got to the end, where Isaac was trying to decide what cheap toy to buy with his measly 40 tokens, when the most generous little hoodlum I ever met, with the biggest diamond earrings I have ever seen, handed Isaac his 170 tokens and said "Here, he can have em". Thanks! we said and he walked off. My heart melted a little for that sweet little punk. "Ok, time to go" we informed the kids and we were finally off. On our way out of the parking lot, we saw a gun exchange going on right in front of us. "Please don't drive that way," I said to Dan "that dude has a gun." "Yes he does" was Dan's reply as he turned the other way towards safety, and 6 policeman came screeching around the corner past us.
"This was nice, we should do this again..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
All I can say is oh my gosh. We should do this together sometime...=)
That story was hilarious!!! I was laughing so hard--I'll remember to stay away from West Valley!!!
and you didn't invite me. rude. :)
Ha ha ha! You should consider being a writer! That was hilarious! That was very nice of that punk kid to give Ike his tickets. Gun exchange in the parking lot... make me pee my pants with fear! Glad you're all alive!
I always have heard that we need to make our family nights memorable .....you certainly got that one down :)
Holly cow! Are you serious? Wow, that really is the ghe-tto.
I never go to "the valley" without my bullet proof vest. Seriously, you tell the story so well! P.S. I'm so sad that you enjoyed T.T. fry sauce without me.
Post a Comment