Thursday, September 4, 2008

One last hurrah before school...

Me and my family took a trip to Bear Lake before the school season started, it was a very much needed, relaxing time. We spent one day at the beach doing jet skis and paddle boats and playing in the sand. The water was so nice and warm and shallow and clear and blue and wonderful. Isaac loved the jet skis, he felt the need for speed. But luckily Daddy didn't go too fast, with a 4 year old and a prego on the back! We even took Amelia out for a ride. She was completely wedged in between Dan and I and she loved every minute.

The next day, my Dad, Nat, Janell, Dan, Isaac and I went to Minnetonka cave up in Idaho. My mom stayed home with Amelia and Brooklyn, it was a good thing too because the cave has 444 stairs one way, 888 total! It was awesome though, Isaac loved it. He is very much into those kind of sciency-learning type things. It was definitely his cup of tea.

Later that afternoon, we spent the rest of the day at the beach. The water was a little colder, so we spent our time constructing a village of sand. We all contributed a house and yard, and we connected the community with roads (public transportation is a must) and we included necessities such as the cemetery and soccer field.





My Dad's Version of the Taj Mahal

Millie on her Throne of Sand.
I'm so glad my parents are willing to share their time share with the family! They are very generous, Thanks Mom and Dad! We love you!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Fun! I'm so glad that you got a miny getaway! Millie is so cute. That village is spectacular. You deserve a prize!

Amy said...

I love Minnetonka Cave! And Bear Lake is so gorgeous. It looks like you guys had so much fun!