Eli Zane Mortimer is here! He arrived on Thursday December 11th at 8:24pm. He was 7 lbs 5oz, and 18 inches long. I went in for my doc appointment and was told I was dialated to a 4+, and to go home and lay down and drink some water. So I went home, and layed down, and drank some water.... meanwhile timing my contractions which were coming 5 minutes apart. At 6:30pm I decided to go lay down on the bed and my water broke right after I layed down... (on Dan's side of the bed.. hehe). Isaac and Amelia were laying with me, and I yelled "Oh NO! My water just broke!" Which they had no idea what that could mean. So I said... "The baby is COMING!" And then Isaac understood. He saw me panicking, and I told him to get his shoes and jacket and help Millie get hers, while I was calling Dan and my parents to come. They arrived at about the same time, and we were off. My kids come fast and furiously, so we called the hopsital on the way and told them to get everything ready, but most importantly, get the epidural ready! I was so nervous I wasn't going to get an epidural, but we made it there. They stuck me with an IV, and then came the epidural. (Which didn't work at first, he had to up the dosage) After that it was smooth sailing. The doctor came and told me to start pushing at the next contraction, (which I had no idea when the next contraction came.... it was GREAT) so I pushed, and pushed one more time after that, and he was here! He came out holding his ear, which was bent in half, the doc thinks he was like that most of the time in my belly. So he has a little elf ear just in time for Christmas. (Don't worry, it will form back to normal) All of our goals this pregnancy were met. #1-HEALTHY BABY, #2-Make it past 37 weeks, #3-Have a 7+ lb baby, #4-Get an Epidural!! Yea! We love him so much! We are especially thankful this Christmas for all of our many, many blessings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
YAY! He's here and everything went great! I'm so happy for you guys. I can't wait until I can meet little Eli in person. That's the perfect Christmas gift! I love you guys!
He is beautiful McKell! Congratulations!!
What a cute little guy. I am so happy for you that everything worked out so well! Congratulations!!
Congrats! He is adorable. Good luck making the lack of sleep adjustments :)
Congratulations!! He is beautiful!! I am so happy for you guys and McKell you look great!!!
McKell Eli is soooo CUTE!!! Im glad you got your epidural that is awesome!
It was so fun to come see you guys! He is so beautiful and I love his elf ear. I love that Millie and Isaac are so cute with him too. I'm so happy that everything went well!
Yeah! Congratulations! He is so big and made it so far before you had him! That's awesome! And great name. Daphne was going to be an Eli if she was a boy.
Congrats Cousins! Your family is absolutely adorable!
Congratulations...he's so beautiful. We want to come and see you and baby...when would be a good time?
Congrats on accomplishing every goal! I'm so glad you got that epidural :) Eli is ADORABLE! I don't know about that elf ear though... Dan, Joseph, and I all have one elf ear. It may be genetic! I'm glad you're all doing well. I can't wait to come see you all again... I just need to get better! Love you!
You guys are awesome!! I love you!
-Chris
Well I realize I am late in commenting, but CONGRATS! And I am very glad you got your epidural! That is my worst nightmare.... He is adorable.
Post a Comment