Saturday, January 19, 2008

Birthday Book Club turned Yoga Party


Book Club last night ended up being quite eventful. We had 3 birthdays in January, so we were celebrating them that night. It was Kristin, Tiffany and Michelle's birthdays, so I made a cake that ended up being more like a huge giant brownie, but it was still delicious. And they were the recipients of the face cloths as well.

I also had the chance to give the gals that weren't there last time their Christmas presents.

*Amy's scarf (on the left) was crocheted out of Lion Wool 100% wool in Lemongrass. The pattern is the "One Skein Scarf" from Stitch n' Bitch Crochet The Happy Hooker. I modified it a bit though, by leaving one dc row out to make it skinnier.

*Kristin's scarf (on the right) was knit using Lion Brand Jiffy double stranded. I used the Alpaca Warmer pattern from kpixie.com, which can be found here: http://www.midnightknitter.com/knitpixiepatterns/uploads/alpaca_warmer.htm

Then after we finished eating Kristin's delicious Tomato soup with baguettes, and cake/brownie goodness, the conversation turned to yoga. Amy is certifying to be a yoga instructor, so we coerced her into showing us some moves. Just a typical book club really, 5 minutes talking about the book, 2-3 hours of everything else!

There is Amy showing us a balance pose. Then there is Me trying it out, and be lucky enough to have Lindsey catch the split second shot that I was actually up.

In this one I was trying to balance while clasping my hands together under my legs. Amy is there holding me up. Needless to say, I need practice!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Your a natural yoga girl. Great job. The party was great. I LOVE my washcloth,Thanks!!