Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Disneyland and California Adventure



The last 2 days have been quite eventful. Disneyland ended up being a tad more crowded than we expected, especially because it was raining when we got there. It was still ok though. We started the day off with Pirates, we walked right on. Amelia has the "yo ho, yo ho" song down! Then we worked our way around clockwise. We got almost everything in that day, but went back the next day after California Adventure for Space Mountain, Big Thunder Railroad, and the Nemo Submarine (which btw, is really cute). We finished that day off by dining at the Blue Bayou. (The restaurant that is in Pirates.)
California Adventure yesterday was nice, the weather was perfect, and it wasn't crowded at all. We did Muppets 3D and Playhouse Disney Live first off. Then I talked Isaac in going on the Tower of Terror with me. I loved it, he didn't love it. :) But I was proud of him for doing it. Then we spent a big chunk of our time in A Bug's Land. Amelia loved that place! We rode Heimlich's Chew Chew Train twice just for her. You ride on the back of Heimlich the catepillar as he munches his way through gigantic food. The watermelon sprays you as you pass through it, and it smells like yummy juicy watermelon. Then you go through the animal crakcer box and it smells like animal crackers.
I was kind of worried about what Amelia would think of the 3D shows and some of the scary rides, but she did surprisingly well! Isaac did good too, but I wasn't too worried about him.
It has been a jam-packed, fun 2 days. Today should be a bit more relaxed. We are doing Universal Studios and spending some time in LA. It should be a nice slow day.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

It looks like you guys are having a blast! I sure am jealous! Have a fun rest of the trip and get home safe. love ya xoxo

Lindsey said...

Mckell! Way to stay on top of things even while on vacation! You're family is adorable! I'm glad you're having so much fun! You are THE SUPER MOM!