Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Amelia turns 5

Amelia had been planning her 5th Birthday for months. She knew at Christmas time that she wanted a Hello Kitty party, with a Hello Kitty Pinata, and a Pin the Bow on Hello Kitty game, and of course, a Hello Kitty Cake... and her birthday is in May. Well come May, she still had all of those exact ideas in her head and more. She is very meticulous about these things, she should be a party planner when she grows up.... I would hire her. :) So I let her invite a few friends and cousins and we had a small, but fun Hello Kitty party. Since it was manageable, I sewed Hello Kitty's for all the kids with tutus and bows or bow ties. She had a great time.

Pinata made by my mom.



Ashlyn, Katelyn, Max, Isaac, Lily, Amelia, Brooklyn and Eli





Some things about Millie at age 5:

She is an amazing artist. The girl will color for hours, and she has become very particular about staying in the lines. She also draws very well, and has amazing attention to detail. And her handwriting is superb. She draws little curls at the end of all of her letters when she is trying to be fancy.

She is a great shopper. I will have a shopping buddy for life.

She lives in a musical 24/7. She is always singing or playing pretend with her little brother. She has one heck of an imagination, and can keep herself occupied for hours.

Along with playing pretend, her toys get very well used. She usually plays with her dollhouse, her ponies, barbies, polly pockets, stuffed animals, etc. all in one sitting, she finds a way to include them all... and sometimes she even picks them up without being asked!

She sits very nice when I do her hair. She doesn't even complain when I have to get the knots out.

She loves her friends and goes out to play with them at the park or at our houses all the time. She makes friends very easily.

She is a lovable girl and I am so thankful to have her in my life! I love you Amelia!

3 comments:

jeannie said...

So cute , I am glad I got to see the Hello Kitty Party Gramma Leann told about it, Such cute kids, More posts Please!

Lindsey said...

Ummm McKell, YOU should be a party planner! You made the pinata, sewed Hello Kitties for everyone, made the cake, made little headbands for everyone, made "pin the bow on the kitty" and I'm sure much much more! You are amazing... and you'll be in charge of my next party, mmmmkay?

Tropicanna said...

That was the perfect party for Millie!